Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Last night about 10.10 pm Darren left us. he fought MND to the very end. it was quick, and peaceful. and totally unexpected. we knew MND was in his lungs BUT he was laughing with the carers and I than said he could not breath. He Died in Gosford Hospital.

I just want to add. that yesterday at about 12 midday . Dazza and Paul finished the laying of track, even across the door. it would have meant he could have run trains all the way around. the Top level was complete.

to Darren it was not the running of a train that drove him, it was the building of his dream.

8 comments:

Ray P said...

Ohhh, I am so sorry.

I would just like to thank you and those who helped Darren over these last few years as he battled with the illness. Taking on the task of building the layout for him was one of love and it was so inspiring.

I never met Darren but 'spoke' to him through this blog, I will miss him.

Please accept my condolences.

Ray Pilgrim

Phillip Overton said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I'm sure I'm not the only reader of his blog who will be saddened by this news.

HughG said...

Very sad to hear. My condolences to family and friends.

Geoff said...

Thank you for sharing such sad news. From the day that he told us what he was dealing with, I truly felt touched, by someone I would never meet. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with all Darren's friends and family, truly a sad time.
Geoff Burns.

South Coast Rail said...

Very sad news and condolences to the family. I was hoping that most of his dream would be fulfilled.
Every layout builder has a dream that one day they will finish their layout, I have had that dream for many years, but the finish line is what inspires us to keep going.
Just reading Darrens blog shows how particular and a fastidious modeller he was.
He will be missed.
Bob Stack

Christopher Hain said...

Thank you for sharing this terrible news and condolences to family and friends. Darren was an inspiration to many and will sadly be missed
Chris Hain

Phil White said...

RIP Darren. Courageous to the end.

Phil

prince said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.